Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter

 What is it about a Monday morning that makes me want to sit back and take it easy?  That is the day, more than any other, that I have a billion things to do.  But here I am sitting at the computer.  Probably because the weekends are always noisy and crazy, and this is my bit of downtime?  Yep, I'll buy that.

We had a wonderful weekend chock-full of family, food, and traditions.  My mom had her annual Easter party on Saturday.  One of the highlights for all was the rockets:




And then the anticipated egg hunt.  The round-up:



Eggs were dyed:

Four-wheeler rides:


 It was a very nice afternoon.  Thanks, Mom.

Sunday morning was a bit crazy.  It is no easy feat getting 4 girls, 1 boy (and yourself) ready for 9am church.  Throw in the Easter Bunny and it's just nuts.  We made it though, on time, and looking spiffy:
 The girl's Easter dresses turned out so cute.

After church we enjoyed some down-time (and delicious homemade fish tacos, I'm pretty sure Nick would want me to mention those - it's all about the food, people :) and dyed some more eggs:


I didn't really take any photos of the kids discovering their Easter treasures Sunday morning, I was busy getting myself and kids ready and fed, remember?  But, Everett waited until after church to go on the search for his stuff (the Easter Bunny hides stuff all over the house for them), so here are a couple of him trying out his new swim goggles:

 What a silly monkey.

My happy girl:

But wait!  It's not over yet!  We went to Nick's parent's house and enjoyed Easter dinner with them (oh, the most delicious burgers...) and another egg picking:

This is my baby, STANDING without assistance.  Um, excuse me!!  Not so fast, baby!


Maren was so excited to find seeds in her eggs!  Good thinking, Grandma!
And now, we feel thoroughly spoiled and sugar-filled.  

I love these traditions that brings our families together.  But of course, the real meaning of Easter is much deeper than that, and we know it, and hopefully our kids know it too.  We're working on it.  I'm so grateful for my Savior and I have felt his Spirit once again testifying to me that He lives and that through the atonement, I can become all He has prepared for me, and progress with my family eternally.

1 comment:

Penny Wadham said...

You may have made it to church on time, but 2 of your girls got there without shoes! (just kidding) :) The dresses are adorable! I presume you made them? NICE JOB! Wish we could have been in Utah for the weekend!