Just going through my camera and see lots of good ones.
Shoosh, do I have cute kids or what?
Yep, more evidence of cuteness. By the way, this little chick was flirting with the baby boy behind us at church yesterday. She was jabbering away at him and made the little boy cry. :) Already a heart-breaker.
We've had some wonderful sunny days lately with temperatures getting up to 40. I know, like a real heat wave, huh? My kids think so. Ellie was begging to put shorts on. They spent all of Saturday afternoon out in the backyard. Can we hear a hip-hip-hurray!? Totally wore this kid out:
And Sunday was Australia Day. As always, we celebrated with some of our favorite food:
Aussie Burgers. A party in the mouth if I ever knew one. What makes an Aussie Burger? Fried egg, beet root (or beets as we know them here), pineapple, and sometimes, carrot shreds and cheese. Mine also had grilled onions, tomato, lettuce, and bacon. Oh, and Nick made homemade pretzel roll buns, which were just delicious. This is the way a burger is meant to be done.
And, we must not forget Pavlova:
Yum! I love Australia Day. And, a shout out to our favorite Aussie! We love you, Jai!








1 comment:
I have been re-listening to a book that takes place in Australia and every time I turn it on I think of you! I think of you as an adopted Aussie.
Post a Comment