Sunday, January 5, 2014

Eight is Great!

 Ellie, two days old

Ellie,

Today you are 8.  Oh my.  I don't like that you are growing so fast!  You've been counting the days and are so excited that your day is finally here.  You are especially excited to be baptized in a few weeks.  We are so proud of you and your desire to do what is right.  

Eight years ago today, I became a mother.  The day of your birth was so surreal to me, a whirlwind of things I had never experienced before.  I was handed this bundle of baby with a funny shaped head and she was mine.  Something that had grown inside of me.  I remember holding you close, smelling you, checking out all your little pieces and completely falling in love.  A love that can't be described except to say a "Mother's Love".  You will forever be my first, and with that comes some good, some bad.  Being the oldest, I expect a lot from you.  I need you.  You are so good to me.  You clean when I need things cleaned.  You play with your brother and sisters when they need your attention.  You get your school-work done when it needs done.  You are happy and creative and beautiful, inside and out.  You are a natural born leader.  You like to come up with 'games' and want everyone to be involved with the fun and get frustrated when others aren't as excited as you are.  You are thoughtful and kind.  Thank you for being your wonderful self and making our home what it is.

Ellie, we all love you so very much.

Love,
Your Mom




2 comments:

rabnerfamily said...

She is beautiful (just like her mother)! It sounds like she is an amazing young lady!

Penny Wadham said...

You are a beautiful girl, Ellie!