Monday, November 11, 2013

Ragnar and the Weekend

 Nick ran the Ragnar in Las Vegas with a group of friends.

 Way to go, Nick!  He ran almost 18 miles in three different legs starting on Friday and ending Saturday evening.  He celebrated with a well earned trip to the buffets.

I really would have loved to go and cheer him on, but I just couldn't imagine leaving all the kids, and entertaining myself with a baby while he did his thing.  Next time for sure.

We weren't gonna be left in the cold when it came to having a good time, though.  The kids and I spent the weekend at the farm.  We all had a good time.  The kids loved the trampoline:

 Playing the Wii:
 Hangin' out with Grandma:
 Playing with cousins:
 Doing farm work with Grandpa:
 Getting rides on the four-wheeler (and there's more of my awesome sis! #75, she gives four-wheeler rides):
 Playing in and hauling away leaves (a job is much more fun when ATVs are involved):

 Taking a big deep breath of country air, and enjoying the sunset:
 Oh, and baths with cousins in Grandma's huge swimming pool, I mean tub:
I enjoyed spending time with my sisters.  We went to a craft fair, went for a 2 mile walk and played a rousing game of "May I?"  Oh, and we ate good food.  My mom is the most amazing cook ever, hands down.  I have yet to meet a cinnamon roll as good as my mom's.  Thanks mom and sisters for a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

rabnerfamily said...

That sunset picture is absolutely beautiful! You have a great family (both extended and immediate)!

Birgitta said...

I love your mom...and I love that picture of her!