Monday, April 15, 2013

Granite

Last week we got our granite installed.  Hurray!  We had two evenings to get out all the old countertops and prepare for the new.  It was a few late nights, but all jobs that require a jackhammer are fun, right?
 We made our mark:
Being without water in the kitchen for two days was not very much fun (although honestly, I enjoyed having the excuse that I could not do dishes).
 After demolition, all ready for granite: 
 And after the granite was installed:
 It took me all of about 5.3 seconds to clutter up the counters.
Oh, hurray for solid stone counters once again!  We still have work to do.  We'll be doing a new backsplash now, hopefully in the coming week.  

And off topic, a cute photo of my girls:

And, I've been meaning to do this for awhile now.  These phone pics date all the way back to Everett's birthday in February (hence the Happy Meal).  Enjoy. 

3 comments:

Penny Wadham said...

Your kitchen looks beautiful. Congratulations!

Alicia Smith said...

Nice to see the progree - can't wait to see what backsplash you will go with, are you thinking the small glass tiles that I saw you pin the other week?

Alicia Smith said...

I have to stop trying this late... I spelt xbox - exbox three times tonight already, I have got to go to bed! Anway - I meant it's nice to see the progress. Love you!