Friday, March 29, 2013

Before The Bunny Comes

My kids are super excited for Easter this weekend.  Maren has been asking "how many days until Easter" for months now (pretty much since Christmas was over).  They know that Easter isn't just all about the candy and the Bunny, but they are kids.  They want the candy, and they know it's coming, and lots of it.  Two fun family Easter parties this weekend are coming up.  And I admit, I've been looking forward to it as well.  So, before I write again documenting our Easter weekend, I wanted to share these photos with you.

First of all, the kitchen now has new cabinets:
Yep, my house is messy.  Actually, this isn't so bad.  I'm not a perfectionist housekeeper and I've come to grips with it.  Anyway, as you can see, the cabinets don't match exactly, but we knew we would never get a perfect match, so I'm okay with it.  Something else I've learned about myself is that I'm a very practical person.  Looks are not the most important thing to me and never will be.  I'm okay with that too.  If mis-matched cabinets is the price I have to pay to get additional counter space and cabinet space, so be it.

Lainey thinks we installed them just for her:
  
And, Spring makes us all happy:

That smile.  Sheesh, this girl.  I would've gotten photos of the big girls too, but they love making photo-taking difficult for mom.

And other things we are loving:
Lainey found the oven thermometer and decided it should be her phone.  She sounded (and looked) like she was having a very serious conversation.  Oh, and we've added two new words this week, "ha!" (hi) and "addy" (daddy).  She also "bok"s like a chicken whenever she comes across one in a book.  She'll be a talker yet.

And this morning, after a messy breakfast of cream of wheat (hence the missing shirt) she was walking around like this:
I especially like the tie.  She put in on all by herself.  This girl has fashion.  And yep, another messy room.

No comments: