Changing our clocks for Daylight Savings always messes up schedules. Right now, Ellie has already been sent off to school, and two of the remaining three children are still sleeping away, so I'll take this moment to update the blog. This weekend was a productive one, hurray!
First, my project. Several years ago, my mom gave Nick some beautiful embroidered kitchen towels for a birthday. I didn't actually want to wipe grubby hands on them, so I put them away, hoping to find a way to display them that was worthy of them (Mom, you're rolling your eyes, aren't you? :). Fast forward to now. We pulled the shutters out of our kitchen window, hoping to let in more sunlight (and oh, baby, it sure does!), which we've really enjoyed, but the window looked so bare. I wanted to hang some treatment to make it feel more homey. Then I remembered those towels - perfect!! So, this weekend I found some accent material, sewed it all together, and now it is happily hanging over our kitchen window. I like the way it turned out. Not to mention that I'm proud of myself for getting off the couch to do something productive. That is a major accomplishment these days.
Here is the before:
And the after:
Nick had a project too. His grow table is now glowing in his office, growing lots of annual flowers and a few early vegetable starts.
Our kids were not really "productive" in the same sense of the word, but they were kind to let mom and dad do their thing:

Lainey 'unloaded' our kitchen cupboards. Looking cute and moving stuff around is a big job. I love it that when she needs a seat, she goes here. I saw her there the other day reading a book. Awesome.
Boy, we have cute kids.






1 comment:
What a cute idea for the towels. I've been rather productive myself this week (which, ironically, means my house is a disaster - oh well, you win some you loose some).
Post a Comment