We enjoyed our traditional candlelight dinner for Valentine's Day. Our goal is to eat 'fancy' food in a 'fancy' setting, and of course, enjoy our family. Ellie has been looking forward to this night for several weeks now. She made us all placemats and napkins and setting cards. So, I don't know if this years fare would qualify as 'fancy' being as we ate most of it with our hands, but it was delicious! Our menu: green salad, ribs, baked potato wedges, corn, pretzel roll, and Martinelli's.
Getting into the candy stash:
And for dessert? Nick made this super yummy cheesecake:
And on this particular Valentine's Day, I was feeling particularly spoiled. After months of lusting after a new camera, I finally got the one of my dreams! Oh, I love it already! The above dinner photos were taken in candlelight! But the images are still as clear as if I was using a flash or with all the lights on. I'm impressed, tell me you are too. ;) I remember when I moved up from our snapshot camera to a DSLR, and I was blown away by the quality of the photos, and now, I have been blown away once again. I'm excited to take this baby for a real test spin.






2 comments:
Ohhh,I'm jealous...of the camera and dinner!
Awesome! I'm excited my family gets to be your guinea pigs!
Post a Comment