Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Party and More

 Everett had a mighty fine birthday.  He had been requesting 'tractors' for his birthday, so we made sure that happened.  I took him to my parent's house a few days before, where he loved watching the farm tractors do their work, and went and sat on one for awhile.  Nick made him this awesome tractor cake too.  He even made the little construction cones out of fondant (cheaters fondant, but still).  I was quite impressed (and so was Everett, who had to go check it out several times throughout the day). 
 Making sure there are three candles on the cake.
 He was excited for his little tool workbench.  What a cute boy.  So far, three is treating us well.

And, here are some other happenings around here.  We made (and ate) Valentine's cookies:
 
 Lainey is so funny.  Anything that has a 'topping' gets eaten this way.

And thanks to Uncle Nate, we are the proud owners of a Forever Lazy:
 As if I need a special outfit to make me even lazier... ;)  Seriously, though, I can't wait to put this baby on and watch a good movie.

And I chuckled when I saw Lainey with the other kids, watching tv like this:
Why is it so funny to see little kids doing what big kids do?

2 comments:

Alicia Smith said...

What an awesome cake. Good job nick (want to make William's now?) And when did you move your living room around? I'm excited to see the change.

Nick said...

You didn't put in the photo of you sporting the forever lazy! ;-)