As a 'Thank You', Nick's work gave him a night's stay at The Grand America Hotel, and while we threw around the idea of finding a sitter for the kids and having a romantic getaway with just the two of us, we ultimately decided to take the kids with us and make a fun family weekend instead. I'm glad we did. It is always nice to get away (even if I never sleep in hotel beds, no matter how comfy they are). Anyway, here are photos:
First we had dinner at Litza's Pizza. Then, after checking into the Hotel, we rode Trax (the highlight of the trip if you ask our kids) to City Creek and walked around.
Past the Macy's window display:
And then through Temple Square:
We look a little wet because we were. It rained the entire evening.
We had ice cream cones and fries before heading back to the hotel. The next morning, after a nice breakfast at the Royal Eatery, we walked around the Grand and looked at their displays and participated in their trip around the world.
We packed up and then rode the train back to the Church Museum, which was a lot of fun. The kids especially had a good time.
Yes, Lainey is in her jams. She had an 'incident' and was lucky to have an extra pair of jammies in the diaper bag.
Everett tending to the garden:















1 comment:
Looks like a lot of fun. And it sounds like you ate some yummy food too. I was thinking next time I need a vacation maybe we will stay home and just eat out at every meal... That's what I really want a break from most times - cooking and cleaning up after cooking. Love you guys!
Post a Comment