This week has been crummy. I've had sick kids. I have been sick. Not just runny noses sick, but fever-running, if-you-put-me-down-I'll-scream-until-you-pick-me-up sick. On top of that sick, we've also had puke sick as well. We've spent a lot of time rocking, snuggling, and watching lots of tv. Which sounds all nice, the first day. We are going on day 6 now, and I'm ready to get back to real 'normal' life. I finally took Lou to the doctor this morning, thinking she must have an ear infection, but nope. Just a cold that has to run it's course. I'll be so happy to see that bill come in.
Anyway, I needed some bright spot, so I decided to do a "Favorite Things" post, you know, things that are making me happy:
*Peppermint ice cream and ginger cookies. Yum and yum.
*Christmas shopping is done! Hurray! Now we can really focus on having fun throughout the season (if we can ever feel healthy enough...)!
*Our countdown this year:
Every night we unwrap a Christmas book and read it together as a family. As I was wrapping all 24 I was thinking, "I don't know if I could do this again next year..." BUT the kids have loved it. It just might be worth it to do it again.
*As stated in my last post, my girls are either best of friends or worst of enemies. Well, they must know that Christmas is near because they have been playing extra nicely together. I love watching them play together, using their imaginations, and if dress-ups are involved, even better. It was really funny when Everett came upstairs wearing a princess dress as well and was dancing with the other princesses. I probably should have grabbed my camera, but the poor boy doesn't need any evidence for blackmail later on in life. ;)
*Christmas crafts. My girls are the happiest with paper, scissors, and crayons. Every once in awhile I indulge their desire to create and pull together the materials for a fun craft. I should do it more often.
*I got together with my good friends over the weekend and we bought a llama. We seriously did. How cool is that? I love my girls. It is always a boost to my being to be amongst them. (Ok, so I wanted to leave you hanging for effect, but I'm just not that kind. :) We bought a llama through Heifer International, who gives the animals to families in need and who are able to make money off the animals to better feed and care for their families. Cool huh?)
*My sister-in-law made us dinner. We've been eating off of it all week long. That makes me happy, especially this week when I either haven't been able to, or it has been near impossible with an extremely clingy one year old hanging on me.
*The Christmas Devotional. We had the tree up, lights twinkling, but I didn't really feel that Christmas Spirit until I listened to this. I was recommitted to give and receive with love, and especially to remember my Savior.
*My favorite nativity:
I love that Mary is holding baby Jesus. I love that Joseph has his arm around Mary. I love the little angel peeking over Mary's shoulder. I love that the set is white. I love it all, and I feel that Christmas Spirit when I look at it.
*My sweet husband makes me happy. He has more than stepped up this week and helped where I just couldn't. He came home early from work to take care of (sick) kids so I could be sick without them climbing all over me. What a good man I have.




No comments:
Post a Comment