Friday, February 24, 2012

A Little Bit of Happy

Okay, so this last week (perhaps the last four months?) have been crazy. Maybe we all have Spring Fever - I don't know. I do know that I've felt pretty close to packing my bags and running for the hills. Or maybe not even taking time to pack my bags. It's been rough. The kids have been exceedingly noisy. I just can't seem to keep on top of my housework, so I'm constantly stepping on toys and paper and whatnot. I spend a good portion of the day picking up, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. By the end of the day, I am exhausted and want nothing more than to climb in my bed and forget about the day. Sounds depressing, huh? Don't worry. I do focus on the happy things. Here's a whole bunch of it: My Maren. She's probably a good portion of the source of my stress these days. She's defiant, constantly whining, she pushes, hits, pulls when someone's in her way. And I swear, she has started peeing on the floor to punish me. Three-year-olds are tough. Okay, so we are focusing on happiness, right? Right. Well, I had to smile when I went to check on the girls and found that Maren had made herself a bed out in the hallway, complete with a big 'ol stack of books. She's so cute when she sleeps. And quiet. And still.

Family Home Evening. It's not always the ideal scene, but we do do it, and the kids love it. My husband is so good to always give a lesson, even if it's a last minute one out of the Friend magazine.

Maren's artwork. All this girl desires at the moment is markers, crayons, tape, paper, and scissors. She loves it. She has taped her artwork all over our house.

I love the way the bright morning sunlight streams right through our East-facing windows and right onto our breakfast table. Sure, it may temporarily blind you, but it just makes me so happy.

This girl. She gives me the biggest, hugest smile whenever she sees me.

A nice Spring day!! Or is it still Winter? I really don't know, the season has been so screwy this year. Anyway, it was warm enough to go outside and play and it does good for the soul. And just look how happy my kids were too! Maybe we do just have a bad case of Spring Fever. My clothes still smell like outside-ness. Mmmm...
Our train. The girls set this up several weeks ago, and here it still stands. It just makes me laugh. The nice thing about it is that when the wind blows hard, it just tips the chair back onto the one behind it, instead of blowing them all over the yard like it usually does.




I take the camera outside and Ellie's favorite game is try-to-not-get-captured-on-camera. I usually win.
Oh, my kids are sweet. Just looking at these photos again makes me happy. Now, I need to go tackle the house. Again.

1 comment:

Birgitta said...

THREE year olds are hard! I figured out they are my hardest...Noah is three. I could give him away to the gypsies!