Friday, February 10, 2012

Always An Adventure

Being the mother of four small children is always an adventure. Life is constantly changing, bringing new challenges, as well as kissing others good-bye. You gotta keep life fresh, roll with the punches, and laugh along the way.

This last week, Ellie opened a brand new gallon of milk and squeezed the last of our strawberry syrup right in. Not quite enough to make delicious strawberry milk, but just enough to make it taste right off on my Raisin Bran. Nice. Everett was not to be outdone. He 'washed' his hair with lotion the other day. Nick totally thought he had just gotten out of the tub when he got home from work, that's how slick it looked. I chuckle to myself as I write this down, because looking back, this is good stuff. The stuff memories are made from.

Anyway. The one good thing about Dad skipping town for a few days for work is this: When he comes back home. Not to mention he got to visit my sister and her brand-new baby while he was gone. Not fair. Not fair at all.

Good thing we have a cute baby of our own to smooch on.

Remember when I was saying she's a momma's girl? I wasn't kidding. This girl ONLY likes her momma right now. Like last week when I was giving a friend a ride and she was sitting next to Lainey, trying to give her a pacifier. Nope, not going for it. I reached back, gave her a plug and left my hand there by her face and she calmed right down. Even dad looking at her will make her squeal. This girl knows her momma and loves her something fearce. I love her right back. She is one spoiled girl.

Oh, and our handsome, funny, mischievous little boy is turning two tomorrow. Two! Birthday celebrations, here we come!

No comments: