Monday, December 6, 2010

Deck the Halls and All that Jazz

So, as stated previously, we got a new (fake) Christmas tree this year. Here she is in all of her merry lit-up beauty:She needs a skirt real bad, and I could make one, but just not feeling the oomph to do it. Oh, and a star too, but all things in good time, right?
We had a grand time decorating her, but I didn't take any photos...it was late and I just didn't. Ellie reminds us just about every day that we do not have any lights on the outside of our house like our neighbor's do. I don't think she's been pleased with any of our excuses. We've been keeping it simple this year - most of the decorations are still in their boxes.
Kids make Christmas time magical. It is so much fun watching them get so excited and we are looking forward to many fun Christmas activities in the weeks to come. Mr. E had his 9 month checkup (even though he's almost 10 months now) a few days ago. He is 19 lbs. 8 oz. (29%) and 27.25 inches long (9.7%). Short, just like mom and dad. Anyone surprised?
My girls dress themselves, if you couldn't guess. And did you notice Maren's hair? Honestly, I kind of miss the layeredness that it naturally grew out in... oh well. She looks more grown up with her hair that is "like a bob" (have you ever seen the hairstylist Nick on "What Not to Wear?") and it is still cute.

1 comment:

Alicia Smith said...

Your new tree looks very lush! And your kids are getting cuter every day!