This week is our town's celebration week. So far, we've been to two picnics in the park, and tonight was the first of three parades - the horse parade. Here are the girls waiting for it to begin. I love Ellie's choice of clothing: princess dress up complete with pearl necklace and glass slippers. She had a crown too, but decided maybe it was a bit too much.

We had our neighbors and Grandpa stick around for a hot dog roast in the backyard. I love this time of year. And my favorite time of day is when the sun has sunk and our grass is nice and cool after a hot day. It sure makes putting the kids to bed at their usual bedtime hard to do.

Our first peas of the summer! We have strawberries too - I've already done three batches of freezer jam.


And an ice cream cone to top off our day. I love these lazy hazy crazy days of summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment