Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

We had a wonderful, fun and family - packed weekend. Saturday we dyed eggs and then made rice crispy treat 'nests' during the morning session of conference. Then we went to Grandma and Grandpa Johnson's for an egg hunt and later, a delicious rib dinner.
The kids ran around the backyard while the adults attempted to watch the afternoon session of conference. I admit that I'll have to be reading or watching it again soon. We were all a bit distracted. Sadly, Grandma and Grandpa's dog got into some poison and, after a trip to the animal hospital and some drama, had to be put down. So, we also attended a funeral that day. Anyway. Here are more cute photos of the girls...
I loved this photo of Ellie (that Uncle Nate took) because it shows her personality so well. It says to me, "I am in front. You do what I say and follow me, and we'll all get along just smashingly."
I included this photo of me and the babe because I don't make an appearance in my own blog very often.
Sunday morning started with the discovery of Easter baskets. I also took photos of Maren, but they didn't turn out so great, so I didn't include them.
I know you are all jealous of our 'grape' couch. Don't worry, I'll gladly sell it to you. :) It was a hand-me-down from Nick's Grandma. It is ugly, but it is sure nice having a couch in our living room, and hey, a bonus is that I don't care if the girls take the cushions off and bounce the heck out of that thing.
Next stop, Grandma and Grandpa Browns! We took a nice 'scenic' drive while listening to conference and enjoyed a yummy lunch. The kids went on another egg hunt, this time, in Grandma's living room because we woke up to this:
The kids didn't seem to mind. They were split up in age groups and came out with quite the loot.
My sister had brought some baby chicks and baby kitties, which were the hit of the party. My girls loved holding and touching them. Cute Easter dresses, too, eh?
Thank you to both our families who hosted such a great time for us! We love spending time with all of you!
Oh, and this is what little Everett is up to... he's responding to our voices now and smiling and is just so sweet.

No comments: