So, I've had lots of different people ask me what it's been like having three kids... well, here are some things I've learned about being outnumbered:1. More children = less patience. Why can't they come with a gift of patience for the mom?
2. More time spent running around naked, or only partially clothed (my kids, not me...and more Maren than Ellie).
3. More time spent at home. Two was a hassle in the grocery store, I have yet to attempt three. We have made a short trip to Costco and the mall, which wasn't so bad, once all the kids were loaded up. More than one stop would just be too many, all that loading and unloading. Not to mention that a trip to the store requires a lot of #1, which I am lacking.
4. If I get one productive thing done during the day, it has been a productive day. I figure that my number 1 priority is the happiness of myself, followed closely by the happiness of my children. I spend much of my day attending to those things (which lately includes a nap for me) and my housework suffers. Someday I'll catch up again, I'm sure.
5. More fit throwing. Ellie has decided that this is a good way to release frustration. Most of the time, she'll take herself to her bedroom when she's in the mood for a good fit, I am grateful for that. Maren throws the occasional fit too, not to be outdone by her sister. I'm hoping that this is because of the presence of a new sibling, and will phase out soon.
6. Lots more loves and cuddles. In fact, Ellie has taken to kissing us all on the cheeks a lot more often - more hugs too. I certainly can't complain about that. I also think it's cute that while I'm nursing Everett, the girls like to come lay their head on my shoulder, just so they can get a good look at their baby brother. They really do love him. And can I say that there is nothing in the world that compares to a good snuggle with a newborn babe?
7. More kids = more love. Cheesy, but true. Sure, it's a bit more chaotic, but we are thrilled to have a busier house, with happy kids. There has been lots of looking closely at their beautiful faces, thinking what a miracle it is to be able to create something so wonderful. Seriously, look at these kids:
You like that Ellie is wearing her swimsuit? And, it may look like Maren is eating her brother, but really, she's smooching on him. So sweet.
You like that Ellie is wearing her swimsuit? And, it may look like Maren is eating her brother, but really, she's smooching on him. So sweet.

1 comment:
I think you are amazing taking 2 kids to the store. Once you start taking 3 kids you will be beyond amazing. I think it is hard taking one. I pretty much go at night so Marc can watch JD.
Post a Comment