Monday, August 3, 2009

Patio

Here are the much anticipated photos of the patio - they were anticipated, right? I know you all were checking every day, hoping to get a glimpse of our work of art... come on, admit it.

Here Nick is compacting the road base with a jumping jack. I think a man likes projects such as these just so he can work with heavy equipment. Oh wait, this is not a patio photo....but sheesh she's cute.
We got a huge load of sand dumped in our driveway, and Ellie took advantage of the moment and built sandcastles. By the way, we only used about a third of what we got, so if anyone out there needs sand, we'd certainly be willing to work a deal.
So many, many bricks...
I am a pro now - we could do this as a side business. Oh wait, no we could not...I have a whole new respect for laborers.
Yeah! We are finished!!
My very, very dirty husband and I. I was pretty nasty too, but didn't look so bad compared to my brick cutting, and thus splattered husband.
We are so happy to have this project checked off our list. We just bought a patio set today, so come on over for dinner!