Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Coming Soon: Baby Number 3!

We are excited to announce that Johnson baby 3 is on his/her way! Here are some commonly asked questions:

When is baby due? February 12 - but really, I don't believe in due dates (Ellie was two weeks early; Maren, a week late), so I just say February. That makes me 12 1/2 weeks pregnant, for those who care.

So how far apart will Maren and the baby be? 18 months

Was this pregnancy planned? Yes, but we didn't expect it to happen so quickly, so it was kind of a surprise, but a pleasant surprise.

How have you felt? Yucky. I have good and bad moments. Evenings are the worst. Unlike my first two though, I haven't had any serious food aversions, which is good (and bad! I've gained 7 pounds already!). I had a serious lack of energy in the beginning, but that has thankfully picked up again. If you had seen my house, I couldn't have hidden the fact that I was pregnant.

Are you hoping for a boy? Of course. However, we'd be happy with another girl - and Nick reminds me that it would be cost effective.

How did Ellie respond to the news? We waited until we heard the heartbeat to tell Ellie, but she kept asking questions like "When are we going to have another baby?" and "Mommy, is there a baby in your tummy?" You can't pull much past a three year old! We kept it a surprise, though, and she responded well to the news. Actually, she's continued life as normal and doesn't say much about it unless she's asked. She does say that she wants a brother.

5 comments:

Red headed left handed Bishops said...

Congratulations!!! That's awesome!! You totally need a Nick Jr.!!

Princess Carrie said...

I am so excited for you guys! Nick...I didn't tell anyone, not even Marc. Glad you came in to get your teeth cleaned that morning so I could be in the know!

Erin said...

Congrats! I'll be blog-stalking for updates!

rabnerfamily said...

Wendy, I am so totally happy for you! You are such a wonderful mother and give motherhood a great name! I hope to be like you some day! Your girls (and Nick) are so lucky to have you and this baby whatever it may be has no idea how lucky it is! Huge hugs to you!

Lindsey said...

yeae! congratulations! my younger two are 18 months apart and i LOVE it! such fun!!!