Monday, August 10, 2009

Brown Family Reunion

This year the Brown Family Reunion was held up at the Heber Valley Camp, which is owned and operated by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Very, very impressive camp, and a whole lot of fun.
Friday we settled and had dinner and then tried to attend a family program (Maren was not very cooperative). We got kids settled and enjoyed a few minutes in front of a raging bonfire (thanks to my nephew Austin) before turning in ourselves for a very uncomfortable night of little sleep. Isn't that the definition of camping? (The definition of camping is definitely not a cabin with electricity, hot running water, and a cooking station complete with refrigerator and freezer, sink, and gas grills.)
Saturday was full of fun activities. First, I left the kids with dad and I enjoyed a hike with several from the family. Here is Alicia and I at our hiking destination (Deer Creek and Heber is in the background if you look closely). Ellie and Maren had a great time playing with cousins while I listened to Nick give a presentation on gardening. Then we played on Legacy Lake. We did the paddleboats, which was great fun.
Maren fell asleep almost immediately.
And Ellie enjoyed the 'sparkly water'.
Next was lunch with the entire Brown family. Maren became attatched to this watermelon slice and carried it around with her for a good long while. She ate it all and went back for seconds.

Then we packed up and headed home. It was a lot of fun being with the family and seeing relatives that I only see at these kind of events. What a fun day!

No comments: