This has been a week full of picnics and parades, all part of our town celebration. And what fun we've had! Monday night was the family picnic in the park. We showed up with our fried chicken and enjoyed local talent (gong! - inside joke ha ha). Wednesday night was the BBQ dinner in the park, so we once again returned to get fed and entertained. Thursday night was the horse parade, which goes right in front of our house. We invited friends over for a BBQ and enjoyed the sights (and smells...). We did get rained on a little.

Friday night was the Miniature parade. Here's Ellie looking for the beginning.

And here she is as the flag goes by. I realized that I seem to cry at every parade I go to... whenever the flag goes by, or veterans, or anything else remotely patriotic. I guess I'm proud to be American, but boy I feel a little silly wiping at my eyes. Does anyone else do that or is it just me? I was particularly proud to see my little girl with her hand over her heart in respect of our flag and country.

And I've decided that suckers are great for entertaining Marens at such events. We were all sticky afterwards, but it saved us from wrestling a wiggly girl. She sucked that thing clear down to the tootsie center.

And finally, one more parade on Saturday morning. Ellie is still asking "When is the next parade?" She'll be happy to know that it is only a few days away as we'll be attending the Freedom Festival parade this Saturday. Party on!

The best part of it all was spending time with all our town-dweller friends. Thanks Suchers, Hamptons, and Grandpa Johnson for spending time with us.
2 comments:
Oh how much fun! Peter and I decided we could live in a small(er) town and really enjoy it! Maybe that is where this unemployment thing will eventually lead us. I am looking forward to seeing you at Ray's shower! You are such a doll!
We had a great time hanging out with you guys at the festivities. Lets do it again next year!
Post a Comment