We had some brown bananas hangin' around, and found this recipe online at simplyrecipes.com. It was so yummy, I thought I'd share:Banana Cookie from simplyrecipes.com
½ c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1 c. mashed banana (app. 2 ½ bananas)
1 tsp. baking soda
2 c. flour
Pinch of salt
½ tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground cloves
1 c. pecans (and/or chocolate chips)
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat. In a bowl, mix mashed bananas and baking soda. Let sit for 2 minutes (allows soda to react with acid in bananas). Mix banana mixture into butter mixture. Sift flour, salt and spices and mix until just combined. Fold chocolate chips or nuts into mixture. Drop dollops onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 11 – 13 minutes or until golden brown.

2 comments:
Nice! I have some brown bananas I've been wanting to use, and it would be fun to make something other than bread.
I think I'll be needing this recipe, we have a few bananas browning in our kitchen as well...
Post a Comment