Friday, March 20, 2009

Weighty Matters

As I was running this morning, I was thinking about doing a post such as this... and at the expense of sounding vain, I decided to just go ahead and do it. So, I went to buy new jeans a week or so ago (my old ones were practically falling off of me) and I have gone down two whole pant sizes! That's three pant sizes since my real fatty days. And, in fact, I should've tried on a smaller pair as I can pull these ones off without undoing the button after wearing them a day after they've been washed. I don't wear my wedding ring much as it's so big on my finger I'm afraid I'll lose it, and the smaller, cheaper ring I wear is getting pretty loose too. I've lost a total of 40 pounds in the last 2 years, and I'm pretty darn proud of myself. I can hardly recognize myself in photos.

A before shot (hiding behind my beautiful baby Ellie): And an after shot:
My goal is to lose another 10 pounds - I can do it! I should also say that Nick is looking mighty fine as well... he's lost some 50 pounds himself. So, what's my secret? Well, it's not much of a secret: eat less, move more!

7 comments:

Red headed left handed Bishops said...

Wow Wendy, that is AWESOME!! You look great!!!

Jonathan Smith said...

I have three things to say...

1:Your beautiful in both pictures!
2:40 lbs in two years (and being pregnant and having a baby in the middle of it all).
3:You are such an example to me! Way to be!

Jonathan Smith said...

p.s. that wasn't Jonathan, that was me, Alicia, tee hee. I didn't realize I was on his account :)

Pemblemily said...

Wend, you have every right to exult a little in this achievement. You are amazing and beautiful.

Brown Family said...

You go girl! You do look beautiful. :)

Brown Family said...

BTW, I'm glad that other post was Alicia and not Jonathan!

Erin said...

Congratulations! You look fabulous!