Sunday, March 15, 2009

In The Garden

I am so grateful to live in an area where there are four seasons. And, I am very grateful for winter, because it gives us a break from hard work outside! But now, the ground has thawed, we are having some warm days, and the break is over! Back to work! Yesterday we got our garden started outside (we have already planted seedlings in our house) by laying drip and planting onions. We also harvested our carrots which had been left in the ground during the winter to preserve them. We cut back our raspberries, tilled and raked. And so the season of gardening begins!The girls enjoyed the warm Spring day too. Grandpa Johnson came over for a short visit and shared his hat with Maren.

1 comment:

Alicia Smith said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun playing in the dirt. Good work getting out there early! I'm really looking forward to having a garden myself this summer. Thanks for being such a good example of using gardening as a way to bring the family together, and to be more self-sustaining. Oh, and by the way, in case you gave up on us, I posted four new posts today, that's right four! So you'll have to check it out sometime :)