Thursday, December 18, 2008

Maren, Ellie, and My Friends

Yesterday I took Maren for her four month check-up. She now weighs 15 lbs (75%) and is 25.5 in. long (86%). I always hate the part where my babies get their shots. After the second poke Maren made a sad face and that was it! What a trooper! She even gave the nurse a huge smile when she was done. That's my Maren. What a sweetheart. As an update to my last post, Ellie seems to be readjusting to life and is not as clingy, thank goodness. I can't believe how much she learns every day. She is such a great big sister. She loves to talk to Maren and takes good care of her. Can you believe how big she looks in this photo? I can't believe she is going to be 3 soon.
And, I hosted our book group Christmas party last night. I had a great time with my bestest friends in the whole world (minus a few of my other bestest friends...). Seriously, I am so grateful for the time I get to spend with these girls every month. It lifts my soul and reminds me that I really am a person, and not just a wife and mother. These girls know me so well - some of them I have known for 15 years. They know all my quirks and weaknesses and love me anyway and I feel I can just be myself around them. Gosh, it feels good.
Maren making friends with Dray, Heather's baby. They could make a cute couple someday, don't ya think?

4 comments:

Pemblemily said...

Thanks for posting these pics! It sure was fun to hang out at your house last night.

nannyjai said...

Awww I wish I was there for bookclub! Gosh darn I live to far away!

Heather Wihongi said...

Wendy, thank you so much for an wonderful evening; you are always the supreme hostess. The food was superb, as usual, and the cheesecake. . .words cannot describe how incredible it was.

As for our babes. . .they do make an adorable couple! Maren Johnson Wihongi has a nice ring to it, don't you think? (Maybe give it 20 years or so?) :)

Heather Wihongi said...

P.S. Let's not forget the older siblings. . .I think Kage and Ellie would be so cute together, too! (Funny mommy matchmakers. . .)