Sunday, February 17, 2008

Miserable Week

This week has just been nasty. We have all been sick, and are still getting over the effects of gastroenteritis (aka the stomach flu). As I last reported, Ellie was sick last weekend, and she still is... just when I think she's getting better, she surprises us with, well, more vomit. I am so tired of cleaning up throw up. Ellie is fairly happy, though, as long as mom or dad is with her at all times (and I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to independent play again). I was finally feeling up to eating real food again on Thursday, which happened to be the same day that Nick got sick. He was feeling much better on Friday and eating mostly normal food again, but he was regretting that in the middle of the night when his intestines were violently protesting. He ended up at the ER where he could get some pain relief. Many thanks to his dad for helping us out that night. He came home several hours later and slept the morning (and most of the day) away. He is feeling well now, but is nervous to eat anything that isn't liquid or easy to digest.

So, needless to say, we haven't done much this week. We didn't even consider Valentine's day (although, honestly, we hadn't planned anything anyway). I think we are all suffering from cabin fever. Hopefully this doesn't happen again for a very, very long time.

No comments: