Monday, May 1, 2017

Stuff

 I've been in a technology slump lately.  I've pretty much gone off of social media for the last few weeks, and really, I haven't missed it at all.  In fact, it's made me a happier person and in direct correlation, my house has been cleaner too.  :)  This slump, with my blessing (and Nick's too), will continue, at least for now.  I may return, who knows.

And along with that, I haven't been in the blog world much either.  And thus, my own blog has kind of been on the back burner as well.  I am still deciding what my place in the blog world is.  I do it for me, I enjoy sharing my photos and writing.  This is a creative outlet for me.  If others come along here and enjoy what I post, well, that makes me happy too, but that's not why I do it.  The moment I don't enjoy it is the moment it will end.  So, what is the future of Wenderful and the Pie Man (the blog, not the people)?  Couldn't tell you.

Basically, I'm no fortune teller.  Just livin' day to day.  And today I am here.

I do know one thing:  I have cute kids:
These two girlies are my tagalongs, my buddies, my partners in crime.  I love my quiet days with them.  Miss Lu will be off to kindergarten next school year, and Daiser will be in pre-school.  Life changes quickly, folks!  I'm enjoying my time with them now.  They are the best of pals and play so well together.  I love it that they have an awesome playmate within their own home.

My Nicolas is one amazing guy:
 He gave a garden talk at his work so Daisy and I went along to see him in his zone.  I love this man and his many talents.

For the first time, we have a soccer player in our home:
 Everett was excited to give it a try.  AND, we've learned that he's not a sporty kind of kid.  No surprise, actually.  Our soccer games usually go like this:  our kid, standing in the middle of the field with all the other little boys running and kicking around him while Mom and Dad shout at him from the sidelines to "RUN!"  "PAY ATTENTION!"  Poor kid.  I'm proud that he was willing to give it a try.  I'm okay not being a sport family.  I do enjoy getting out as a family to his games on a Saturday morning.  That is fun.  :)

Nick's work took us bowling a couple weeks ago.  They provided dinner, cupcakes, arcade games, bowling (of course) and glow sticks:




It was a really fun night!  We are pretty grateful that he has good employment and it's a big bonus that his company is generous to our family as well.

No comments: