Hello world!
A few weeks ago, my girls and I enjoyed decorating cupcakes for an activity days mother/daughter activity (I'm trying to think of a way I could phrase that better... what's another word for 'activity'?).
Maren was thrilled to win an award for her "most appetizing" cupcake:
But really, I think it was a competition to see just how much gross frosting with the most daring colors and the most sugar and candy that could possibly sit on one of those domed tops. More is better, right?
I got to go on a preschool field trip with my favorite 5 year old:
While Lu and I were at the museum, Daisy was, um, well, see for yourself:
Isn't that the sweetest photo, ever?! Us moms are already making plans for the future. We think they'll have really amazingly cute blondy babies. :)
A rare two headed "Dainey":
With the sun going down later in the evening and then coming up earlier in the morn, there have been many a couch nap lately for my tired girls!
We had a last minute Cinco de Mayo party with my brother and 2 of my sisters and their families. It was the perfect evening with perfect company! What fun!
Of course, any party that includes hitting things (on purpose!) is bound to be a hit! (Get it, HIT!!! Ha! Ha! :)
That photo looks like it came right from the twilight zone.
It was a perfect warm Spring evening to sit out on the deck. I love this photo, Nick has his audience enthralled with his master storytelling. ;)
You know what else made the evening a success? The most delicious tres leches. Mmmmmmmm...
Kids these days...
Beautiful double rainbow:
Okay, so you can't really see the double there, but trust me, it was. Those girlies are beautiful too! We had been planting flowers, which is why Maren is wearing gloves.
And, you want some real life? There's this:
Whatever did we do as kids without YouTube?
My Ellie Belle is such a big help:
And I'm so glad the little girls let her do it (often they pull it out almost immediately afterwards, but let's focus on the positive, here!)
And then, Mother's Day. I was spoiled rotten. My favorite part of Mother's Day is how excited my kids are to be sweet and give me their homemade (or school made) presents. I also got a hammock. If you need me, you'll likely find me here:
Give me a book and that's some heaven in the backyard. :)
(My arm looks weird.)
We spent the weekend with my favorite mothers. On Saturday we celebrated Nick's mom (it happened to be her birthday as well). I'm so grateful to her for raising my Nick. I'm grateful to her for loving my kids. I'm grateful to her for loving me and welcoming me so whole-heartedly into her family nearly 13 years ago, and for continuing that love and acceptance today.
We spent Sunday evening with my family. I love being with my people. We had steak. And really good desserts. But besides the food, we enjoyed great company. I love to celebrate my mom on Mother's Day because she is worthy of every praise. She's amazing. My momma is certainly glue (have you read this? It'll explain what I'm talking about). She also is glue with soup and cake, just like the woman in that talk. I love my momma so much and aspire to be like her. Thank you, Mom!!
I feel so blessed to have so many good, strong women in my life who have shown me examples of what is most important.
PS Two more weeks of school! Are you excited!? We are!















1 comment:
A hammock AND a projector? You really were spoiled ;) I I'll have to learn from you how to throw a good outdoor movie party. That is on my list of things to do as well.
Post a Comment