Monday, July 25, 2016

Summer Musts

 Summer must do:  lots of independent play.  Check!!!  My kids play so happily together.  Don't get me wrong, there is fighting, but they've worked out some really great, imaginative play.  Childhood at it's best, right here!  Another photo of dolls and Bumblebee:
My poor boy.

Summer must do:  roast hot dogs in the canyon.  Check!  My brother's family invited us to join them for an impromptu FHE dinner.  Fun time!  The kids loved getting good and dirty.  It's healthy for them.  And, there is nothing as satisfying to me as washing my kids in the tub at the end of a great summer day and watching little streams of dirt heading down the drain.  It makes me feel like my kids are living to the fullest.

 The part I love best about that photo is that her shirt is completely clean.  :)  It didn't stay that way.

Cute girlies:


Summer must do:  swim lessons.  Check!  We are in the middle of this one.  For the first time, I have ALL my kids in lessons!  I can not believe how fast my world is changing.  The first day, I admit, I shed a little tear and felt lonely without a little buddy (or two) to keep me company.  The second day, I put my feet up and enjoyed my half hour immensely.  Always something to miss, always something to enjoy, wherever you are in life.  Deep thoughts by me.

Goggles crack me up.

Daisy loves being one of the big kids and is so excited to go to her swim class each day.

Summer must do:  feed baby goats.  Check!  Haha, I'm funny.  :)  Our friends have baby goats they feed by bottle, and my kids thought it was pretty awesome and would've loved to take them home!  I have to admit, those babies are pretty cute.  Adult goats?  Hmmm, not so much.

Summer must do:  shaved ice.  Check and check!  We got to play with cousins at a new splash pad and then, how do you top that besides with sugar and ice?!

Summer must do:  boats with the B's.  Check!  We had a great time with our good friends playing in the water.  This has got to be the best way to spend a summer day.  We had a blast.

Daisy, admiring her good buddy:


Summer must do:  MoTab concert (sure, why not?).  Check.  Thanks to my brother's tickets, we got to spend the evening with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the King's Singers.  I don't think anything stirs my soul and reaches the very core of my heart like beautiful music does.  Which basically means that it made me cry.  If you want to see it yourself (although nothing beats being there in person), you can go here.  I especially loved the song at 1:02.  I'm not the only one, either, as this song received a standing ovation and cat calls from the audience.  Powerful stuff.
Besides my soul being stirred, I enjoyed a fantastic night out on the town with my honey!  Love you!!

No comments: