This week has been a pretty miserable one. Sick kids. Sick mom. No fun. So, since I'm feeling awfully sorry for myself this morning, I'm gonna fight it off the best way I know how. With gratitude. Despite the obvious not-so-great parts this week, I can see the blessings, too.
*My husband (who is NOT sick, thank goodness, not yet anyway). He is such a life-saver to me, running errands, helping with kids and food and house. Picking up where I slack. He was the kid's hero when he took them to the school's annual skate party while Mom was sick at home. I'm grateful that he hasn't picked up this nasty bug yet. He has a lot of work and school to do! Plus, he makes me chocolate chip cookies. :)
*Priesthood blessings. I was so thankful to have our home teacher and Daddy give Daisy a blessing last night. I could feel the spirit in our home. Daisy had a good sleep and seems to be much improved this morning.
*Netflix is our friend. I've been especially enjoying the Great British Baking Show. The British seem like very pleasant people, I'm thinking I should visit. And this show has introduced me to a whole bunch of desserts that I've never tried before! This sounds like a challenge to me. :)
*Time off. Even though it's a pain in the patootie, I'm so grateful that I can clear the calendar and snuggle in with my babes. Plus, it is nice to have a good excuse to hang out in jams.
*Good books. I love a good book, and I've had a good excuse to climb into one more these last few days. I just finished A Man Called Ove, which I really loved. Made me cry like a baby. Don't worry, it was a good cry, not a sad cry. You all know I can't control when I lose my tears. I love books that help me see the world in a different way. Now, I'm enjoying my way through Gifts of Imperfection for the 2nd time. Another book that opens my eyes.
And, because blog posts are boring without a photo, here's a cute one of nearly two Lu at the beach, because that sounds like a nice place to be right now (and always):


No comments:
Post a Comment