7 years ago
Tuesday, January 5, 2016
Decade
My dearest Ellie,
Wow! One entire decade! I can not believe you have reached double digits. Do you know what that means? Our parenting years with you are over half gone! In another decade, you'll be out facing the world's challenges. Well, now I'm gonna cry... I wish time would slow down, you are growing all too fast!
Ellie, it is a privilege to see you growing up into a happy, kind, obedient, helpful, beautiful young woman. You have a desire to do what is right. You want to help and show love to your little brother and sisters and they all look up and admire you (when you aren't teasing them, that is. ;) You aren't much of a "little kid" anymore. You listen in and pay attention to what mom and dad are saying and join in on our conversations. You enjoy being creative. I've been impressed with your confidence as you took a sewing class last Fall. I hope you continue to have an interest in sewing. We'll work on that! You love to be the organizer of places and events. You'll often write lists of activities and such. You keep us all excited for upcoming holidays and celebrations. You enjoy making up games and playing with all of your siblings, which often creates crazy chaos in our home, but we love to see you playing happily all together. Maybe I should just invest in some good earplugs. ;) You love to be right in the middle of things. The worst punishment for you is to be sent to your room, where you are all by yourself. You take good care of the little kids. You shower the baby girls or help them get dressed and you like to do their hair and create fun new hairstyles. You want to help out in the kitchen, as much as mom will let you. You are an awesome waffle and pancake maker.
Ellie, we all love you so very much! You add a light to our home, all your own! It has been a wonderful decade with you, and I look forward to another!
Love,
Your Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment