Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Spring Projects

 First of all, on Memorial Day weekend 10 years ago, Nick and I started on an adventure that will last into eternity.
A group of friends went on a camping trip to Yellowstone.  We camped with bears in the snow.  It was obvious that Nick had an interest in me.  It was on this trip that we both individually decided to give this thing a shot.  And boy oh boy, I'm so glad we did!  I'm so grateful for what it's turned into.
 Also, boy oh boy, we were a bit chunkier back then.

Ok.  On to projects.  First off, we finished refinishing the deck.  Here it is before:

And here it is, finished:
We'll be the first to admit that it's not perfect.  If we wanted it to look really awesome we would've replaced all the materials, but it's about a thousand times better than what it was, so we are loving that.

The girls took it upon themselves to make masks for everyone (including cousin William) and then had a parade:

Western day for the kindergarten:

Ok, back to our Spring projects.  We felled this tree:
 It was a beautiful London Plane Tree that was starting to outgrow it's space, unfortunately.  Once that was taken care of, we started on this little (kinda big) project:
Building a shed.  We appreciated Nick's brothers coming to help out.  Zach came along too.  Everett appreciated having a boy to play with:

 Big helpers:

 I really enjoyed hammering a few nails myself: 
We didn't quite finish, but we are getting close!  By the way, it feels really good to work hard, and go to bed deserving a good night's rest.

1 comment:

rabnerfamily said...

I am sure glad you gave it a shot too because I don't think anyone could have made you happier than Nick. You two are perfect and your kids are adorable!