Monday, May 5, 2014

I Wear My Sunglasses At Night

 The title of this post is thanks to this:
I went to check on Lainey to find her dead asleep wearing her sunnies.  Her swimsuit was there handy too.  Two year olds are awesome.

She has a thing with sunnies lately:
 She looks like she's about 15 in that photo.  And she went to bed with sponge rollers in half of her hair.  It looked fantastic.
She's cute and funny and helpful and just pleasant right now.  We love our Lu.

We've been busy refinishing our deck.  We've taken it apart, sanded, planed and painted and started putting it back together.  Here the girls got a lucky moment in time that they got to help Dad paint:


We've had wonderful weather lately, and we've soaked it in:


 Of course it also snowed last week.

We went to the Tulip Festival:


 Five happy kids.  They look happy, don't they?

These flowers certainly look happy:


 I think 9/10 photos of Nick and I are selfies.

This was our Saturday:


We love Sunday evenings:

We celebrated Cinco de Mayo with my family tonight.  The kids had helped me make a pinata for the occassion:

I know it's not the most amazing, creative thing, but for something you beat with a stick and then throw away, I was pleased with our efforts.



 The kids had a blast.

Here's my favorite photo:
 My nephew was goin' to town!

Picking through the loot: 

By the way, life is good.

1 comment:

Penny Wadham said...

Of course she has to wear her sunglasses, look at that bright lamp shining right into her eyes! :-) She is so cute! She reminds me of Belinda in some of these photos.