We pulled out paints the other day. The big girls handle them well, but the babies love making a mess. Why does a mess stress me out so? It is washable, and I still have to turn my head so I don't give myself a heart attack.
I should've taken a photo of Lou when she was done painting. She didn't look near so clean.
We all survived this painting episode and now the paints are put up high and out of reach until a future date when Mom is feeling extra brave again.
We had a good weekend with not many photos. Nick ran his first Half Marathon of the year (has another one in the Fall, plus the Ragnar) and we spent the rest of our Saturday recovering with him.
We all enjoyed Father's Day. My kids loved giving Dad their gifts. They have one awesome daddy, that's for sure. We spent the evening at my parent's house. Everett had to go sit on a tractor:
And other things going on:
*Weekly doctor visits for baby and I. I'll be full term this Friday. We are excited to meet this baby that is making me so incredibly uncomfortable. Truthfully, I'm also nervous to be handling FIVE little people. I'm hoping that once these pregnancy hormones phase out, I'll have a little more patience. (One can hope, right?) I'm pretty sure Nick is hoping the same thing. ;)
*We have a cousin here with us this week. He's got to be one of the happiest, most easy going 6 year olds I've ever known. And, big bonus, I hear happy kids playing all day instead of the regular 'friends one minute, enemies the next' between my two girls.
*Ellie, Maren, and Everett started swim lessons yesterday. They love it.
*Nick is currently on his way to Chicago for work. I don't love it. He won't be gone for long, thankfully. I'm thinking we just might make it while he's gone. We are already looking forward to his return.
And here are just some cute photos of my Lainey Lou. She's learned how to take off her clothes and often wants them removed (come on, if you could get away with it, you'd do it too! ;)
Also, a new fun game the kids have come up with for car drives: they tell Lainey to say words, and are shrieking with delight when she actually repeats them. It is really cute. Having her still facing the back has done good things for her vocabulary.








No comments:
Post a Comment