Sunday, June 10, 2012

What's For Dinner

So, I just skipped last week altogether.  With the end of school and other things going on, we didn't really have any 'normal' meals at home together.  But, we are at it once again.

Sunday - tortellini with alfredo and tomato, homemade French bread (that was Nick, not me, by the way), steamed broccoli, salad
Monday - Chicken Satay Stir-Fry (Yummy.  The kids didn't care for the spicyness, but Nick and I really enjoyed it.)
Tuesday - french toast, bacon, hash browns, fruit salad
Wednesday - Hot dogs, tater tots, green salad
Thursday - Chicken burritos with pinto beans and lime rice, guacamole, refried beans, corn chips, green salad
Friday - OUT!  :)
Saturday - Neighbor dinner

Tips:
*Did you know you can freeze refried beans?  I didn't know this, and we're gonna try it.  We like to make our own refried beans (although we don't always) and usually end up with a LOT of beans. 
*Costco rotisserie chicken is our friend.  Especially for things like burritos or something.  And, you can boil up the bones/skin/etc with some carrot, onion, and celery and make your own chicken stock.  I tried to do this, got it all boiled up, and then forgot about it, so ultimately it ended up in the trash.  It was a good idea though. 
*Want to try something different for your broccoli?  Cook it in chicken broth, and when finished, sprinkle some garlic powder and pepper on it.  Try topping it with some parmesan cheese.  Yummy.

1 comment:

Alicia Smith said...

Thanks for the tips! I bought a big package of
Tortilla's from Costco and froze them in family sized portions after enjoying them at your place:-)