Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Jai, This One's For You

Have you ever met someone that you had an instant connection to?  A real "kindred spirit"?  When I met Jai, I really felt like we were being reunited, although I'd never physically met her before, and she just happened to live on the other side of the world.
 We've had some great, silly times together (I totally won the 'texta' battle, as you can plainly see from the above photo.  Jai, would you be so kind as to share this with Chris?  Thanks :).
She took such good care of me as a missionary.  She fed me, entertained me, kept in contact with my family, fellowshipped our investigators, and just plain spoiled me. 

As good friends do, we closed the gap of distance and have made this world a little smaller.  It helped that she lived in Connecticut for awhile, and the internet is truly a blessing. 
 Jai, teaching my 1st grade students about Australia.
 We've shared holidays together (Thanksgiving 2002?).

 We've done roadtrips together (Portland, OR).
 Jai has shown me incredible places.
 And snuggled and smooched on my kids (that's Ellie, just in case you were confused).

 She's been a constant in my life through the years.  I cherish our friendship, girl. 


Jai came to visit us last week.  When we were working out details, she told me that it was her goal to make an appearance on my blog.  I can do that. ;)
 Have you ever had a friend that you haven't seen for years, and when you get back together again, it was like they'd never left?  It was totally like that.
 Jai's husband is just the right kind of corny.  The funny thing is that I didn't even know he had snuck back there. 
Jai, thanks for the wonderful visit, the yummy chocolate (among other things), and especially for your friendship all these years. 
I love you, girl.

No comments: