Perhaps "shove" isn't the right word. It denotes some force was required, but really, no force was needed. This girl dived on out of our comfy little nest without even looking back. She was so confident, so excited, and so ready for this moment.
She asked all of us several times yesterday, "Do you know what's going to happen to me tomorrow? I'm going to school!" She was counting down the days and had her outfit picked out way ahead of time. Dad came with us this morning, and I was grateful to have him there to take her to the door, because I knew I'd break down and cry, and I didn't want my little girl to see her mess of a momma, because I really am happy for her. I'm excited for this new start in her life and all that it will bring. I know that it is right for her.
And rewinding just a bit.
We took a little Saturday excursion to Cascade Springs. I hadn't been here since I was in my early teens, and although I do remember it was cool, I had simply forgotten just how beautiful it is. And, Nick and I have discovered that drives on skinny canyon roads with hundred feet drop-offs scare us both just a little. Okay, so maybe more than a little. We are getting to be chickens more and more in our advancing years.








1 comment:
Hurrah! I'm so happy for you to have your new house. I can't wait to see it. Oh and I cried a little when Hana went to her first day of Kindergarten too and she DID go to preschool last year!
Love,
Ray
Post a Comment