Monday, August 8, 2011

Change of Scenery

The kids and I spent the week with my mom and dad, just for a change of scenery. We had a great time. The kids loved playing Hungry Hungry Hippos. The girls spent pretty much an entire day jumping on the trampoline with the sprinkler running underneath. Maren was mad in this photo because Ellie was bouncing her or something like unto it. She screams a lot these days.


Everett watched from the sidelines.

We enjoyed a lot of watermelon and corn on the cob.

Here's little sis. I am 30 weeks pregnant (already!!!), and I can feel every twist and jab. Notice the fly right in the middle? Ha. There are lots of those on the farm. :)

My mom taught me how to crochet around the edge of a hemstitched blanket.

And I did four batches of apricot jam, and froze 13 quarts of sour cherries.

It was good to be home.


Oh, and right after I took those sweet photos of my kids, we got this:

My Maren. I had put her down for a nap in my room and all was quiet, so I assumed she had fallen asleep. Wrong. About two hours later I saw her in the bathroom like this. And then I went into my room to find this (amongst other treasures):

She had gone through all of my makeup, dumped an entire bottle of hairspray on the bed (sorry Mom, your mattress may never be the same), chipped out my deoderant, and just generally made a big mess. Oh my. My life is never dull, that is for sure.

No comments: