When I was a kid, my mom would load us up and head to St. George, usually in the Spring months, just for fun. My dad would accompany us sometimes, but he often had farm work to attend to. I remember exploring ghost towns, hiking red rock, and comparing my own feet to dinosaur footprints. Good times. That must have ingrained in me a love for Utah's Dixie, because every Spring, I get an itching to head south. I've been wanting to go for about a month now, so when Nick came home from work last Wednesday and asked if I wanted to go to St. George the next day, well, there was no question.
I was not so great at being the photographer...and I just realized that I didn't get a decent photo of Ellie at all... whoops! But here are a few to document our little trip.
We enjoyed warm weather - no jackets! short sleeves! - and daffodils and blossoms on the trees. We swam in the hotel pool, visited Brigham Young's house, went shopping, and ate good food. We played at a park and went for a walk along the Virgin River.

We ate Nielsen's Frozen Custard, a favorite stop.


Maren got in a fight with a thorny bush. The bush won.

We visited the Jacob Hamblin home.


It was a really good time! It is always nice to not have the stress of daily life and get away for awhile, and just be with my little family. Good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment