Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Crazy

Life has been a little crazy around our house, and here are the reasons why:

1. We are still trying to sell our house. It has been 8 months now, and I can't tell you how much I want to be done with this whole thing. I'm tired. We show our house at least once a week, and sometimes up to four times a week. That displaces our little family for at least three hours for each go. It stinks big time. A few weeks ago, I really just wanted to take our house off the market and stay. We've been happy here for almost 5 years, and I was sure we could continue to be happy here. So, we took it to the Lord, and both Nick and I feel very strongly that that is not His plan for us. We are to stay the course. Our house stays on the market. I have no idea what is before us. We haven't been looking at houses and have no desire to. We have no idea where we will be moving, and surprisingly, that doesn't bother us in the least. I must say that even though I know this is the course our loving Heavenly Father would have us take, it is still stressful for me. I'm very ready to settle my family again. I must also say that I have been very blessed. On those days that I have shown the house, I have had the energy to clean, and my stomach has been somewhat settled. That being said...

2. This baby in utero is kicking my trash. I have good days and bad, but I seem to have bad days a lot. I am grateful that I don't throw up during pregnancy, but it sure feels like I'm only one step away most of the time. I barely have the energy to take care of my family, and I spend a lot of time just laying around because I can't seem to force my body to do much else. I'm nearly through the first trimester, so hopefully there will be some relief coming soon. However, at this point, I would rather feel good and sick just to know that those pregnancy hormones are raging strong. We are grateful (and surprised) to be welcoming a new baby into our home. We are very aware that this is also Heavenly Father's plan for us right now, and it is nothing but a blessing.

3. Our washer is dead. Sad, sad day. I had no idea how much I relied on the fact that I could just go throw something in the washer. Definitely a blessing I had taken for granted. It was bad timing - we've been wanting to replace our washer for a long time now, but really wanted to wait until we had moved. Well, not an option now. We did go out and buy a new washer (and dryer! Wow! A matching set!) but it was on a killer deal, which is great, but also means that they had none in stock and needed to be ordered. Long story short, we won't be getting our new washer for several weeks. Oh my. Yep, I said WEEKS. Once again, there is a bright side: Nick's parents live close by and are happy to share their laundry room with us, which we are grateful for, but not near as convenient. Of course, my dear daughter can sense my plight... she's decided that peeing on the floor or in her bed is acceptable these days, which of course, means more laundry. She potty trained so easily, I guess I didn't get out of pee on the floor after all.

2 comments:

Red headed left handed Bishops said...

You are welcome to come and do laundry at our house too! We can hang out and fold laundry!! :) I hope your morning sickness goes away soon! We are trying to get pregnant again and I'm SOOO not looking forward to that part!!

jessiewessie said...

Ooooo I hope they're front loaders! I think doing laundry is soooo fun now that I have them. You can also come and do laundry here too.