Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Frazzled

More about my frazzled state in a moment... First, the rest of our Halloween:I took a photo of Ellie's hair because it turned out cute, and don't know if either of us will have the patience to do it again anytime soon.Halloween happened to be a rainy day. Windy, too, which put a little damper on our trick-or-treating plans. We did make it out, but opted to go in the car. Not as much fun, but results were the same: lots of candy. Our first stop was Grandma and Grandpa's. After a round of knocking on doors, we came back to make some homemade donuts. We invited our friends and Nick's brother's family to join us. I meant to take pictures, really I did, but I guess I was too busy stuffing my face and chatting with friends (or maybe just too tired? You be the judge.) They were Yummy. Yep, that's with a capitol 'Y'. They were that good.I've pulled out the dollhouse. Ellie got the accessories for Christmas a couple years ago, and after she pulled apart some of the furniture I put it away with a promise that I'd pull it out again someday. Well, what the hay! Now is as good as time as any. I'm in love with the small little details:And, it's kept the girls occupied for hours. That in and of itself is priceless in my book. I'm lovin' this photo of Maren:
High heels, look of concentration on her face, crazy hair, and a new addition: underwear. So, we (okay, it's all me) aren't quite ready to tackle the entire potty-training thing, but we've been practicing on and off. We all did a celebration dance when she pooped in the potty over the weekend. That's big stuff when you're two.

Okay, so now for the promised 'frazzled' edition: I'm going crazy. Our house has been on the market now for three months, and it's about fried me to a crisp. Seriously. I've been so stressed, and I'll admit, ornery lately (my poor sweet husband and children). We've been getting a ton of traffic lately, which is great and all, but man oh man. It's insane. It takes me several hours to clean the house, and then I pretty much corral the poor children into a corner with only me to keep them entertained until the agent and buyers show, usually a one to two hour time frame. All of this boils down to me being a not-so-patient mother. My children deserve a reward. Really.

Oh, and while we're ranting here...my darling third child. He's cute and all, but he must be taking ornery lessons from his mother. He wants to be held ALL the time. If I put him down, he's crying. I sure hope he's teething or something, cause I want a light at the end of this tunnel.

I need a vacation.

4 comments:

Princess Carrie said...

I feel frazzled about my house I am not even showing it to anyone. You can come over anytime you want to get away when they come to look at it.

rabnerfamily said...

First, I am sorry about your house. If I were there I would offer to clean it for you or at least take your kids. Second, Ellie's hair is absolutely amazing. You always were very talented in the hair department.

Birgitta said...

I know, isn't house showing a pain? It was a huge stress for me too....many times over. I hope you get your buyer soon! Where are you thinking about moving?

Happy Halloween to you! Your donuts sound delicious!

Penny Wadham said...

Ellie's hair reminds me of all the times you had your hair done that way! Beautiful! (Well, so is Maren's.)