Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Third and Fifth of July (in Celebration of the Fourth)

Ready for a whole lot of photos? Okay, here we go. Saturday we had a BBQ and then went to the firework show. Ellie was entertained by the glow sticks all that night, and all the next morning too. Me and my hubby. Oh, how I love that man!
And, as a side note, it was 6 years ago on this day (and at an event quite similiar, just without babies) that Nick held my hand for the first time. Oh, how sweet. :)
Sweet Maren. She was not feeling well that night, but was a trooper and had a great time anyway.
Kids watching the fireworks. Maren was so cute, repeating all the 'ooos', 'aaahs', and 'whoas!' In fact, it was worth all the traffic just to watch her enjoying it so much.
Everett liked them too.
Here's the group (minus Grandma and Grandpa Johnson, who was taking the photo). This is Ryan and Nick's families. Sheesh, we've multiplied quickly. Poor Everett was in the stroller, which was cut out of the photo. Don't worry, little guy, we still love you!
Monday morning we went to the parade.Once again, it was a good time, even though I was slightly disappointed that they didn't have a proper color guard to start the parade. What's with that on a Fourth of July parade?

Everett tried to get some sleep.
That evening, after naps and the last pea picking (YEAH!) we went to the Johnson's to light off some fireworks of our own.

I think it goes without saying that the kids enjoyed themselves. I love this photo of Ellie.

Everett hangin' in Zachary's bumbo. Check out those cheeks!
The kids all loved the fireworks, except for poor Maybe. She spent a good portion of the evening as far back as possible, or hiding under a blanket. Maren kept her company, though. And I think I took home the stickiest Missy I've ever seen. She sure loved that sucker.
And speaking of kids loving fireworks...
This is Nick lighting off flowers in the sewer. I had to give him a hard time because he's been telling me for days that he doesn't care much for fireworks anymore and how it's a big waste of money. Well, I tell you what, he was out there with all the 13 year old neighbor boys showing them how it's meant to be done. He has now passed something on to the next generation. And he had a fun time doing it, too.

And a last parting shot of Ellie with sparklers.

1 comment:

The Ginger said...

i like your comment about the colorguard. heeheehee. thanks for lovin' me so dang much.:)