Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Sweet Maren (and Baby News)

Maren is at a really fun age. Lots of exploring, lots of smiles and giggles, lots of personality showing forth. Lately she's been talking lots - and if you spend time with her, you can actually understand what she is saying. She loves her sister and has finally reached a point where they play together nicely for long periods of time. So nice for mom. It was cute when we left Ellie at a primary activity, and when I brought Maren home alone, she wandered the house calling, "Ellie!" She was quite concerned that we had left her, and probably more importantly, Maren wasn't where her sister was. Here is a cute pic from when we were getting ready for photos: And another with pants on her head. She loves wearing hats and gloves, and if a hat isn't around, pants or underwear will suffice. What a silly girl.
Ellie is also sweet, helpful, and happy. I love my girls.

In other fun news, I am a week and a half from my due date, and already this has been exciting. I was admitted to the hospital last Friday because I was sure my water had broken (it had not). I am so over-anxious with this one because my water broke with both my girls before I had any contractions. They chewed me out for not coming in right away with Maren, so I vowed to come in as soon as I even suspected anything. Well, after that (expensive) trial run, I vowed not to come in until fluid was making some serious puddles. Oh, the joys.

And, I had a doctor's appointment yesterday which did not go so well. My blood pressure was high - like, if it didn't go down he would have delivered me right then high. I didn't suspect anything because at my previous appointments, my blood pressure had been surprisingly low (I've had high blood pressure problems with both girls). So, I got sent to labor and delivery (I'm beginning to know my way around there now) for a non-stress test. My BP came down after laying in bed for a half hour, and I was sent home. A part of me was wishing that it would've stayed high so that I could've just had this baby. I was laying there trying to think stressful thoughts. :) Of course, this adventure isn't over yet - I now get to do the 24 hour urine test, to make sure I don't have pre-eclampsia, get my BP tested again, and I have been advised to 'take it easy'. On top of that, I am not really progressing, and my body seems far from giving birth. I swear, my body just doesn't know how to do it. Had I been a pioneer, I would probably have died from childbirth, or the complications of. I am, once again, grateful for modern medicine. Oh, and this morning, my hips are killing me so bad that I am sitting here at the computer at 6:30 am instead of sleeping. Getting these babies here is so fun!

This is a photo of grandbabies #34, 35, and 36 (in utero) for my parents. I am due in just over a week, Alicia, a week after me, and Shauna is due in May (and I'm sure they both love me for posting this photo here).

No comments: