Last night we took our girls to the State Fair. I think there are two types of people...those who go to the fair to enjoy the Carnival, and those who go to see the entries. We are definitely in the second category. Nick really enjoyed seeing the produce and canned goods. I loved the photography and the home arts. Ellie said her favorite part was the animals. I have fond memories as a child going to the State Fair while my older brothers showed cows. Just walking through the dairy barn gets me all excited and takes me back to that piece of my childhood. It was a good night, despite the disappointment in our 'elephant ear'. As Nick put it, you pay 4 times more at the fair and should expect about a 1/4 of what you would get elsewhere. Oh well, I suppose it is part of the experience, right?
Here we are in the produce building. Ellie wanted her photo taken with the watermelons. She was the photographer in the other photos.
2 comments:
I think I will be singing state fair the rest of the night. That looks like so much fun! I plan to see great State Fairs in TX. You have such a cute family!
Oh, I missed the produce part! That would have been interesting. Were there any super big and funky entries in the produce section? I liked the photography exhibit the best of the stuff we looked at. It was good times at the Fair-- I even ran into Lora Jean! :-)
Post a Comment