Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Last Couple Days

First off...my little Maren is everywhere. She is at a great phase where she is completely entertained by exploring her little world (our house) and walks and walks, usually with something in her hands. It is pretty darn cute. Here she is going to check out the neighbors.





I went to a good friend's wedding. I was a slacker in the camera department, and even though I brought my camera, I only came away with this one shot - and the bride's eyes are closed. Sorry, Al. It was a beautiful day, a beautiful wedding, a beautiful bride, and I'm so glad I got to be there. I am so happy for Alison.
I canned green beans. I was feeling incredibly domestic and wondering how many people my age are growing and canning their own produce-probably not many. I admit that I am proud that that is one thing that was passed to me by my own mother (hopefully among many others). And I hope someday my kids are canning their own beans.



Ellie and Maren enjoyed a hot day in the pool. Ellie was 'doing' Maren's hair, and surprisingly, Maren didn't seem to mind.
And if I weren't too lazy to get another photo off the camera, I'd show you that our patio is coming along nicely. Nick rented a jumping jack and compacted all the road base, so now we are ready for sand and bricks! Yeah!! Our goal is to have it all in by the end of July...and I think we just might make it!

1 comment:

Pemblemily said...

Hooray for updates, cute kids, and patio progress!