
What is this a picture of? Well, let me explain... I came home from a Young Women meeting on Sunday morning to find Ellie sitting on our bed with a pile of unwrapped starbursts. She had taken the opportunity to indulge herself while Nick was in the shower. She would unwrap a starburst and try to bite it (notice the teeth marks). Most were too hard for her to sink her teeth into, so she would just unwrap another and try again. We got a good laugh out of it.

And here's another cute photo of our Ellie. Lately when Ellie has disappeared and all is quiet (usually a very dangerous thing) Nick or I will find her sitting in this tiny little corner pulling her books off her shelf one by one, "reading" them and then putting them in a pile. When we find her here she announces that she is "making a mess".
Speaking of Ellie, I love being her mom. I enjoy mother's day because I think a lot about all the blessings that have come to me through my family. I got a new pair of running shoes from Nick and Ellie (that won't be used for another couple months) and Ellie made me a really cute card with the help of her daddy. We spent the day with my mom (and family) and Nick's mom (and family), which is the way Mother's Day should be spent, I think. I am so grateful for my wonderful mother and all that she has taught me, and all she has done for me. I am also really grateful for my sweet husband who wanted the day to be special for me - as a brother in our ward reminded us of, I wouldn't be a mother without him!
No comments:
Post a Comment