Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Conference, Baby, and Promotions

I thoroughly enjoyed Conference over the weekend. It always seems to go by too quickly. We went to my parent's house on Sunday for the bi-annual between-the-sessions-lunch. Ellie wanted to be outside on the play equipment, and thankfully, her cousins were willing to oblige. Mom and dad weren't.

Today I had another Doctor's appointment. It was about this time with Ellie that my blood pressure was a problem, so he wants me to have it checked regularly (more regularly than every 4 weeks). Today my BP was okay, but he still wants me to take the extra precautions. I am now 24 weeks, although I don't really look it, and everyone is quick to tell me that. They can't believe that a baby is in there somewhere. Well, I promise you all, there is! I look in the mirror and I can definetely see that my belly is growing. And I can certainly feel that baby in there. I am told that it's a good thing that I'm not showing yet, but I disagree. I wish I was really showing just so people would stop making comments about it, and so that I would be over this 'fat' stage and be into the 'obviously pregnant' stage. I am grateful that I have only gained 8 pounds or so. Hopefully that means it will be easier to loose the baby weight.

We had some great news in our family this week. At Nick's work, they lost a team lead, and another team lead moved up a position, so they did some reshuffling. Nick applied for a team lead position because he wanted some growth opportunities, although he was nervous to be a boss over his co-workers. Anyway, he got the position! He was a bit surprised (although I don't think anyone else was...) and excited too, of course. Way to go, my sugar daddy!

Ellie is just growing up more every day. She has been 'saying prayers' (which means she repeats some words of mine or Nick's prayers) for several months now, but she has been saying more and more of the words. It is really cute. She knows how to open her CD player and change her CD and play it, so there is usually music coming from her room. Lately her favorite thing to eat is cereal. She can eat several bowls in a day. She likes Frosted Shredded Wheat the best. She knows that she will have a baby sister, although, I'm sure it will be a shock to her system when she really does. Yesterday she was playing with play-doh and informed me that she was making a fish - see the photo below. Yep, looks like a fish to me! :) She has her moments, but she really is fun.

No comments: