As the warm weather has been teasing us, it's yard time. You've seen our tulips, but our vegetable garden is starting to take off. Our peas are a couple of inches tall, and many of the onions are on their way up. I can't believe all of the research I've done on onion varieties. I found that I need long-day onions for this area, but they are not commonly available for red onion seeds here. Strange. Last year we had about 300 onions, started from sets or sprouts. So the seed method is an experiment. And another experiment will be finding a good way to keep them throughout the winter. Wish us luck.
So, as some of you know, I've taken up running again. I have been running at the nearby rec center for about 45 minutes a few days a week, but I haven't been bothering to count the laps. Last week, I decided to try out the Jordan River trail. Using the markers there, I found I'm doing about a 10.5 minute mile. I figured that if I'm running over four miles already, I could easily do a 10k, which is 6.2 miles. I went out on Saturday morning, and did it, no problem. Sure, I'm definitely not the fastest runner in the land, but I was surprised. I think I'm going to sign up for the Deseret News 10k on the 24th of July. I may not actually run it, being that Wendy will either be nine months pregnant, or no longer pregnant at that point. At least it will give me some motivation and a cool technical T-shirt. I am officially challenging anyone who reads this to join me. Come on, what are you afraid of?
For all of you that were hoping to see an episode of Nick's Trivial Rants here today, you'll have to wait. If I give you one too often, you just wouldn't appreciate them. Besides, I can be positive and upbeat too!
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment