My family has an Easter party every year with an egg hunt, lunch, and other games for the kids. This year, because Easter was so early, we had our party late. It turned out to be a beautiful day, with lots of sun (which we were grateful for, the forecast was for snow). Ellie loved the hunt and playing with her cousins. I think the best part of her day was playing on the swingset, or trampoline. It was a fantastic day.
Another highlight of this week was that Nick and I actually went out on a date. That hasn't happened for several months. It is hard to get away when a babysitter has to be arranged, and the last few months have been especially difficult because it seems someone has always been sick. We are very grateful for Grandma and Grandpa Johnson watching Ellie for us. Nick and I enjoyed dinner, a movie at the Clark Planetarium, and some shopping at the Gateway. Honestly, I didn't care what we did as long as I was alone with my husband. It was wonderful, we should do it again soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment