Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter

We had a wonderful Easter weekend. We did most of our celebrations on Saturday. Ellie's favorite part of her Easter basket was eating all of her jelly beans. That evening we dyed eggs, which Ellie loved. She is at a fun age where new things are exciting and she's old enough now to participate. She loved fishing the eggs out of the dye and putting stickers on the colored eggs.

Nick's family came over Sunday night and we enjoyed a delicious Easter feast. It was a special treat to spend time with Nick's uncle Tom, aunt Brenda, cousin Tommy and his family. And now we have entirely too much candy in our house! The party continues as my family will be having a get-together this coming Saturday.

Ellie is really into the words, "be nice", lately. She informs Nick and I when we need to "be nice" (which usually means we have told Ellie not to do something, or we are between her and something that she wants). The other day I was picking up Ellie's toys off the floor and putting them in her room. She followed right behind me, putting the toys back on the family room floor, telling me to "be nice". Then she told me that I needed to put my nose in the corner. Uh, yeah. I had to close Ellie's bedroom door so I could at least vacuum before the toys descended upon us again.

A treat from Ellie's Easter basket.

Dying Easter eggs.

When Ellie was asked to look at the camera and smile, this is what she came up with. Lovely. What a funny girl.

2 comments:

Brown Family said...

Ugh, you (I mean the Easter bunny) gave her peeps! None of that at our house! Just kidding, looks like you had a fun Easter. Sorry I missed the Brown celebration. We'll have to get together when everyone (read everyone at my house) is healthy again.

Anonymous said...

hey wendy!!!! i luv the picture of ellie and her nose in the air!! it is soo cute!!! i hope u had a wonderful easter!
~madison~